Monday 1 August 2011

Bloom into Spring

With the sun shining so beautifully, it truly feels like we are coming to the end of a pretty cold, wet and miserable Winter in Sydney. Spring is definately upon us.

Inspired I dragged out some classic, plastic garden urns I had collected along the way and
decided to give them and two plinths an aged copper finish. The result a blue green algae look, which just cried out for a spectacular floral creation to refresh the studio window display.

Taking my cue from the urns and Spring I chose a fresh, cool colour palette, grassy greens, cool cream jonquils, tall green arum lilies amongst magnificent magnolia branches, covered in lichen and green fronds, with a hint of cinnamon and pale pink cymbidium orchid to inject a touch of colour.

To tone down the blue of the urns I wrapped lime green and cream netting around the bowl and stand in an organic fashion, following it's form.

I can't help feeling that I have left Australian shores and entered a European fantasy, very rococo. An idea can come from anthing and anywhere, a building, a piece of fabric, even grandma's old hankie! This is why I love my job because I get to bring that dream alive, transforming an idea into a colourful reality.

For a beautiful wedding or special event, call us for a complimentary consultation.
T. 9698 1968
http://www.aloveaffair.com.au/



No comments:

Post a Comment